It’s a crazy, competitive world. So, in order to succeed, people are always looking for a competitive advantage. Developing a strong personal brand is a part of that process. Unfortunately, many people think that personal branding is only about working on things like their resume, social media, online reputation, and appearance.
Think about that.
All of those things are external, but personal branding is also internal. It has lot to do with what’s going on inside of you. Only focusing on the external is like a baker only focusing on the icing.
What about the cake?
What about what’s inside?
What about your character?
Get your SELF together first and everything else will begin to fall in place because personal branding starts on the inside.
What’s in your life tends to be a projection of what’s in you.
What does your personal brand look like
on the inside?
ACTIONS STEPS AND DISCUSSION QUESTIONS
(NOTE: Grit, diligence, and work ethic represent some of the internal aspects of personal branding. Grit is passion and motivation to accomplish a long term goal. Diligence is careful and persistent effort. It takes grit and diligence to have great work ethic.)
1. On a scale of 1-10, rate your level of grit. Write down an example or story from your life that proves you have grit. Next, write down what you will do to take your grit to the next level.
2. On a scale of 1-10, rate your level of diligence. Write down an example or story from your life that proves you are diligent. Next, write down what you will do to take your diligence to the next level.
3. On a scale of 1-10, rate your work ethic. (HINT: According to research, work ethic is one of the character strengths most desired by colleges and employers.) Write down an example or story from your life that proves you have good work ethic. Next, write down what you will do to take your work ethic to the next level.
4. How well does your public image line up with your self-image? If they don’t line up as well as you would like, what will you do to get them in alignment?
5. Personality is a big part of your personal brand. What are some aspects of your personality that you would like to improve? How do you plan to improve them.
- Categories: Character DevelopmentDuncan Nuggets®Personal BrandingPersonal DevelopmentProfessionalSelf-Awareness & PurposeTeenVideosYoung Adult
Hey! Remember to Sign Up.
Speaker for Your Event?
Proud to be a National Partner of America's Promise
Fill out the form here or feel free to contact us directly at: