Looking for the new stuff? Head over to our blog for the latest Soft Skills Resources. Also, check out the Collections and Series page for signature collections of videos, articles, posters, and activities.
SOFT SKILLS & PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT POSTERS
The Competitive Advantage:
Helping Young People Master Soft Skills
Sponsored by: NYATEP
Date: Instant Access
FACT: Research clearly shows that mastering soft skills can give people a competitive advantage in the 21st Century workplace.
But… What are the most in-demand soft skills? Can they be measured?
What training methods are effective? How do we get our young people to embrace soft skills?
This program is based on the work of award-winning youth advocate and master soft skills trainer—Al Duncan. Al has worked with over 1.5 million young people, hundreds of youth programs, dozens of school districts, and many of the top minds in the field.
- Take a look at the most in demand soft skills in the 21st Century job market.
- Get ideas on how to implement soft skills training without disrupting your current program.
- Be able to use a simple, but effective decision making model with your young people.
- Learn effective ways to help young people become better communicators.
- Get tools to help young people develop problem solving skills.
- Discover why focusing only outcomes is ineffective for soft skills development.
- Explore ways to improve YOUR soft skills.
Click here to register (NYATEP website)
Top 5 Questions
2. Who is this site for? (Get a free user license for schools/organizations.)
Duncan Nuggets® are evidence-based success principles and action steps.
Focused on soft skills, they are designed to help you build a strong competitive advantage in the 21st Century.
Duncan Nuggets® have been used by over a million young people and professionals in dozens of schools, institutions, and youth serving organizations.
If you are part of a youth serving institution or organization, feel free to use them as part of your program.
Apply for your free user license here. Soft Skills, Performance Character, and Social Emotional Learning topics covered on DuncanNuggets.com include:
- College and Career Readiness
- Goal Achievement & Productivity
- Exceptional Communication Skills
- Collaboration, Teamwork, & Teambuilding Skills
- Decision Making and Problem Solving
- Grit, Diligence and Perseverance
- Mentoring and Networking
- Self-Discipline, Self-Control, & Self-Regulation
- Personal Branding
- Emotional Intelligence
NOTE: At the end of nearly all of the videos and articles on DuncanNuggets.com you will find either an activity, action steps, discussion questions, or a combination of all three.
Although our target markets are young people and professionals working with them, everything on DuncanNuggets.com is specifically designed to help anyone who wants to improve his or her soft skills.
Your organization can join dozens of others that use the free videos, articles, and activities on this site as part of their soft skills, character education, and college/career readiness training. If you represent a school, institution, or youth organization, apply to get your free user license here.
(If you apply for a user license you will automatically be signed up for the newsletter.)
Some of the people who are using DuncanNuggets.com are:
- Teens and Young Adults
- Program Directors/Managers
- Career and Workforce Professionals
- Youth WorkersAdministrators
- Social Workers
- Juvenile Justice Professionals
“If you are looking for a powerful set of tools that will help you gain a competitive advantage in the 21st Century, then mastering your soft skills a great choice.
Duncan Nugget® #144:
Soft skills are personal abilities that improve your performance and facilitate effective interactions with other people. In most situations, having exceptional soft skills is a competitive advantage.
Experts ranging from psychologists to business leaders; educational and spiritual leaders, agree that one or more of the soft skills have the greatest impact on your level of success…”
Like many entrepreneurs and business professionals, I spent a lot of time studying the concept of competitive advantage. One day I realized that a lot of the same principles apply to people. I played around the business definition and came up with my own for individuals.
“A competitive advantage is the ability gained through your performance and resources to thrive in your personal and professional life.”
Hey! Remember to Sign Up.
- bioflavonoids tinnitus on [AUDIO] A Lesson On Soft Skills Mastery From Martin Luther King, Jr.
- craig leonhardt on How to Find a Mentor
- Nilesh Raut on Q & A: Get a Degree in Motivational Speaking?
- Al Duncan on Q & A: Get a Degree in Motivational Speaking?
- Tanvi on Q & A: Get a Degree in Motivational Speaking?
Speaker for Your Event?
Fill out the form here or feel free to contact us directly at: